Chicken with chili and lime. This marinade is easy to prepare and creates the most tender, juiciest and tastiest chicken. Perfect for tacos, salads or any other type of meal preparation.
[divider style=”normal” top=”0″ bottom=”15″]
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lime juice (use fresh)
- zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Clean the chicken by removing fat, slice the chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make them thinner and easier to cook.
- In a bowl combine the lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, cilantro, minced garlic, honey, salt, and chili powder. Stir to mix.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and coat in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Place in heated pan and allow to cook about 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is fully cooked through. Leave in the pan extra time to blacken if desired.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and set on cutting board to let rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.