Healthy food for weight loss special for diabetics
People with diabetes need to take care of their diet more thoroughly. Therefore, we give you some tips and guidelines for weight loss for diabetics.
In this way, the risk of suffering from irregular blood sugar levels will be reduced.
The keys to a healthy diet
First of all, a healthy diet consists of any form of food that reduces the risk of disease, while receiving the nutrients necessary for our bodies to function properly.
A healthy diet includes the consumption of a wide variety of foods, for example, vegetables, whole grains, fruit, non-fat dairy products, lean meats, white and bluefish, etc.
There is no such thing as perfect food, so including a variety of different foods and controlling portion sizes is the key to healthy nutrition. In addition, it is important to ensure that the selections from each food group offer the highest quality of nutrients that can be found.
In other words, we should choose foods that are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber rather than processed foods.
Most importantly, people with diabetes can eat the same foods as the rest of the family. Everyone benefits from a healthy diet, so the whole family can be part of a healthy diet.
However, some level of planning is required, but you can incorporate your favorite foods into your meal plan while controlling your blood glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels.
Thus, weight loss diets for people with diabetes are also good for the whole family.
Losing weight for people with diabetes
Dieting, monitoring diet, and exercise are beneficial concepts for diabetes, provided you follow the advice of a professional.
Here are some tips for a diet developed for a diabetic with overweight problems.
In these cases, it is necessary to lose weight with a special diet for diabetics, as obesity is a risk factor for hypertension and cardiovascular problems.
Previously, we have noticed that people with diabetes should take care of their diet, a problem that is accentuated in the case of excess weight.
Below we then show you different options to be combined in each of the six meals eaten during the day.
- Coffee with skimmed milk
- Infusion of red or green Tea
- Cereals without sugar or chocolate
- Two slices of toasted wholemeal bread with sugar-free jam
- A piece of fruit
- One skim yogurt
- A sugar-free cereal bar
- Two slices of whole-wheat toast with turkey or cream cheese
- Pasta salad with tomato, lettuce, corn, chicken, egg without yolk, and vegetables. It will be important not to add mayonnaise, but to use options such as olive oil, yogurt sauce, or soy sauce.
- Mediterranean salad
- Tomatoes with oregano and cream cheese
- Lentils with vegetables
- Spinach with chickpeas
- Eggplant or peppers stuffed with ground chicken meat
- Dessert based on herbal teas or a single skim milk coffee
- Coffee with skimmed or plain milk
- Lemon or grapefruit juice
- Infusion of red or green tea
- Four sugar-free biscuits
- Homemade pudding or skim yogurt
- Homemade sponge cake with yogurt, lemon zest, and whole wheat flour
- Tomato salad, lettuce, boiled egg without yolk, onion, and tuna
- Grilling vegetables
- American salad with cabbage and carrots
- Vegetable porridge or purée
- Scrambled eggs with shrimps
- Grilled sole
- Grilled chicken breast
- Grilled veal
- Infusion-based dessert
Before going to bed
- One skim yogurt
- A glass of skim milk
In addition to these ideas for daily weight loss menus for diabetics, it is best to combine this diet with some gentle exercise. Going for long walks, walking for about 30 minutes quickly or dancing can help you lose weight faster and burn off that sugar in your blood.
Remember that if you are injecting insulin, you also need to watch out for low blood sugar or hypoglycemia.
Finally, it is recommended that you always carry sweets in your purse or clothing pocket, as well as sugar packets. This way, you will have a quick source of glucose and you can take it when you have any symptoms of hypoglycemia.